My wife made me do it. Yes – in this case it it the truth. While when it comes to any type of social media I am normally interested early, this time I was not.
Pinning pictures on your boards? Another thing to like? All sounded pretty stupid to me.
But I could not get over the fact that my wife (the one who made me do it) was spending so much time with pinterest – giggling, oohing, laughing and being completely taken in.
So what is pinterest you might ask? Well it is a lot of things:
- It is one picture after the other – no more whiny facebook “woe is me” updates to cull through before seeing a picture (ever wondered why facebook is getting more and more visual “big pictures”??)
- It is things that might interest you and things that will surprise you.
- It is a summary of things that others find interesting.
- It is the ability to follow people without being shut out behind endless privacy settings.
- It is sharing your art / pictures / ideas with others.
- It is the internet for people who can’t – or don’t want to read much.
To sum it up it is pretty cool and very addictive (you have been warned).
Here is a screenshot of pinterest – as promised mostly pictures, very little reading required 🙂
Give it a try and you can follow me now on pinterest here.
Be in love.